Friday, September 7, 2012

Week 3

We have finished week 3 and our first major deadline is approaching.  As of Wednesday our game was nowhere near complete, but it turns out the first 2 weeks progress was very slow compared to everything I was able to implement yesterday.  We now have an objective that is significantly deeper than just collecting cheese.  The cheese is now colored, and worth 10 points, for every consecutively collected cheese of the same color you get a 10 point bonus and you get a cool little animation slamming you in the face with the name of that cheese.  You can also lose now, all that is really left to do is make the enemies do stuff, which would be easy if Nik's last update actually worked.  :)

It's interesting how slow progress is at the start (especially with a new framework/language) and how the last 5 big features of your prototype can come together in a day.  I feel way more confident about where we are now than I was 2 days ago.  Now we just need some basic art and I think the game will actually look somewhat professional.

If you're reading this Kessler, I want an artist on my team for next prototype!!


No comments:

Post a Comment