Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Vinyl Tech Stuff


So the only substantial thing that happened last week was technological stuff.  The cohort of students ahead of us in the program made a forced runner thesis game in Unity and I asked them some questions about how they did it.  Turns out they used this pretty fantastic library called iTween that does a lot of animation type stuff and even music manipulation.  I spent awhile this week learning my way around the framework and got a cube spinning around a record.  It sounds like we'll be changing the design idea around a bit this week though, so I didn't go too much farther.  iTween will work just as well for the new idea however and hopefully we can get started tomorrow or Thursday.

I'll discuss the details of the changes in a later post and maybe some screenshots of what we got.

No comments:

Post a Comment