Thursday, April 11, 2013

Real Time Graphics Asg11

This was a cool assignment.  It was nice to have an easy one after the ridiculous month I just finished.

The only real problem I encountered was copying and pasting handle code around that set things using the wrong constant tables and what not.  This actually led to a cool picture in picture effect I hadn't planned on.  I ended up setting the GUI texture as the already rendered back buffer texture.  I think at one point I even had it stretched over the whole screen so I was rendering everything to a texture, then copying that over pointlessly for some reason.

Other than that the assignment was pretty straight forward.  When you're done with everything, save it to a texture, then draw stuff onto that texture then display it.  Now that I think about it though, it seems like we should be able to just draw things directly onto the render target rather than copying things around.

Anyway, here's what it looks like with a kiwi as a health bar and a black vignette effect.  I also changed the clear color to green so that you can actually see the vignette effect.


And here's the code.

No comments:

Post a Comment